Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Re: Borgs

Postby James T. Kirk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Kardashians wrote:Source of the post idk where to post so just posting here lol
ayyyy whats good
Hey, welcome aboard! Post wherever ya like!
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:47 am

I'll say this, as I'm new to the board. I'm not a diehard Trekkie. I've owned the original Star Trek Blu-Rays for a few years but have never gotten around to watching them (I know I should...I'll get there eventually...I own like 3000+ Blu-Rays and DVDs and there's a ton I still need to watch), and never got into DS9 or Voyager, but I loved the Next Generation growing up. When I was young, it was one of those shows that my dad let me and my brother stay up every Friday night to watch the newest episode (I think it was on at 9:00 PM every Friday night in Canada). I still remember watching those key Borg episodes, and remember The Best of Both Worlds when it ended with a cliffhanger and we had to go through the entire summer not knowing what was going to happen. I kind of miss those days because there were no message boards at that time, and all you could literally do was talk to your buddies and try and guess what was going to happen the next season. There weren't any cellphones either so you really didn't find out what everyone thought until the next time you saw them at school...I own all of the Next Gen seasons and enjoy watching those episodes from time to time...Kind of the same thing with the X-Files...The X-Files was a bit later, but I still remember those episodes airing Sunday nights and then you'd go to school the next day and everyone would be talking about Mulder and Scully...Good times...I especially like the X-Files episode "Ice"...But I like message boards now...

Thanks,

E
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby James T. Kirk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:10 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post I'll say this, as I'm new to the board. I'm not a diehard Trekkie. I've owned the original Star Trek Blu-Rays for a few years but have never gotten around to watching them (I know I should...I'll get there eventually...I own like 3000+ Blu-Rays and DVDs and there's a ton I still need to watch), and never got into DS9 or Voyager, but I loved the Next Generation growing up. When I was young, it was one of those shows that my dad let me and my brother stay up every Friday night to watch the newest episode (I think it was on at 9:00 PM every Friday night in Canada). I still remember watching those key Borg episodes, and remember The Best of Both Worlds when it ended with a cliffhanger and we had to go through the entire summer not knowing what was going to happen. I kind of miss those days because there were no message boards at that time, and all you could literally do was talk to your buddies and try and guess what was going to happen the next season. There weren't any cellphones either so you really didn't find out what everyone thought until the next time you saw them at school...I own all of the Next Gen seasons and enjoy watching those episodes from time to time...Kind of the same thing with the X-Files...The X-Files was a bit later, but I still remember those episodes airing Sunday nights and then you'd go to school the next day and everyone would be talking about Mulder and Scully...Good times...I especially like the X-Files episode "Ice"...But I like message boards now...

Thanks,

E
Hey, E! Don't worry, ya don't have to be a die-hard Trekkie (or Trekker, whatever it is). This forum's for everyone. Glad to have ya aboard!

Did ya know ya can now watch almost all of Star Trek on Netflix?
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:13 am

James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post Hey, E! Don't worry, ya don't have to be a die-hard Trekkie (or Trekker, whatever it is). This forum's for everyone. Glad to have ya aboard!

Yeah, just have to find the time to watch them. I usually stick to one TV Show at a time (movies are a different thing). I'm trying to get through the new Twin Peaks season, but honestly it's been rough. I love the original series (yes, including all of season two and the movie Fire Walk With Me). This one is just a bit of a slog to get through...Hate what they did to Cooper's character...For every great moment in an episode, it feels like there's a half-hour of garbage...

Thanks,

E
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby James T. Kirk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post
James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post Hey, E! Don't worry, ya don't have to be a die-hard Trekkie (or Trekker, whatever it is). This forum's for everyone. Glad to have ya aboard!

Yeah, just have to find the time to watch them. I usually stick to one TV Show at a time (movies are a different thing). I'm trying to get through the new Twin Peaks season, but honestly it's been rough. I love the original series (yes, including all of season two and the movie Fire Walk With Me). This one is just a bit of a slog to get through...Hate what they did to Cooper's character...For every great moment in an episode, it feels like there's a half-hour of garbage...

Thanks,

E
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get through Twin Peaks eventually.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “General”