klandersen
Ensign
Ensign
    Windows XP Chrome
Groups:
United States of America

Loved it as a kid.

Postby klandersen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:12 am

OK so I'm an old fart. I remember watching the animated series when it originally aired. Then went many years without seeing it, then when it was released on VHS for the first time seeing some of the episodes again. I purchased the DVD set, but haven't watched it yet. I have a ton of DVDs I haven't watched. Now-days it is because I probably should get a new DVD player as the old one plays fewer and few discs anymore. It gives me the damn "can't read disc" error. Of course there have been few times I am actually in the mood to attempt to watch a DVD in the last year or two.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Re: Loved it as a kid.

Postby James T. Kirk » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:09 am

klandersen wrote:Source of the post OK so I'm an old fart. I remember watching the animated series when it originally aired. Then went many years without seeing it, then when it was released on VHS for the first time seeing some of the episodes again. I purchased the DVD set, but haven't watched it yet. I have a ton of DVDs I haven't watched. Now-days it is because I probably should get a new DVD player as the old one plays fewer and few discs anymore. It gives me the damn "can't read disc" error. Of course there have been few times I am actually in the mood to attempt to watch a DVD in the last year or two.
Nope, you need to go digital. It's the way of the future, my friend; the way of the future. Although I too have the DVD set, whenever I wanna watch the animated series nowadays, I watch it on Netflix.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
klandersen
Ensign
Ensign
    Windows XP Chrome
Groups:
United States of America

Postby klandersen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:13 am

I've got issues with relying totally on digital/internet/cloud. Part of my old fashioned ways. I don't like relying on the internet or computers for my TV, video viewing. I'm the same way with books vs ebooks. I prefer the old fashioned physical feel of reading a book vs reading a digital screen with words on it.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby James T. Kirk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:21 pm

klandersen wrote:Source of the post I've got issues with relying totally on digital/internet/cloud. Part of my old fashioned ways. I don't like relying on the internet or computers for my TV, video viewing. I'm the same way with books vs ebooks. I prefer the old fashioned physical feel of reading a book vs reading a digital screen with words on it.
Fair enough. To each their own.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “The Animated Series”