Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Classic SNES

Postby Goonies85 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi All,

Not sure if you all have managed to track down a Classic Super Nintendo, but I finally managed to find one about two weeks ago and it has been (mostly) complete bliss since then. I've mostly been playing Super Mario World (and finally, finally managed to beat it for the first time in my life; I probably would've beat it sooner, but when we were kids most people either had a SNES or a Sega Genesis...We had a Sega Genesis so I only got to play the Super Nintendo when I was at friends' houses). Very replayable, very awesome game.

That said, some of the other games have been a little disappointing. I wish it had Super Double Dragon or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Turtles in Time. Those were awesome two-player games. My issue with a lot of the other games is that I never realized how difficult they can be...I always knew Contra III was virtually impossible, so I'll set that aside...But I seem to suck at Earthbound, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario RPG, etc...Those games are merciless, and yet I remember having friends who had those games when they came out and somehow they managed to get far in them (or beat them, for that matter)...And the Star Fox games are EXTREMELY dated...I remember when the first one came out and was kind of considered revolutionary but it definitely haven't stood the rest of time...And the sequel is just more of the same...Not a fan...The Nintendo 64 version was far superior, as one would expect, I guess...

The Legend of Zelda is fun, but I'm currently stuck...Super Metroid is fun...F-Zero is okay...Donkey Kong Country can be a blast, at times...I love playing Mario Kart with my brother, but at this point I'd rather play the Nintendo 64 version, just based on the 3D and the cool levels like Block Fort...

Was surprised that I haven't enjoyed Street Fighter II Turbo that much...Probably just jaded cause I've played so many subsequent fighting games, but I don't think this has held up that well...

All in all, I just think there were soooooo many other games that they could've included (especially two-player games), that I'm a little underwhelmed...I've read online about people modding the system, but I'm a little leery of that, considering how long it took me to find the system in the first place...I don't want to risk damaging it just trying to add some other games...

Did anyone else pick one up? What's your experience with it?

Thanks,

E
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Re: Classic SNES

Postby James T. Kirk » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post Hi All,

Not sure if you all have managed to track down a Classic Super Nintendo, but I finally managed to find one about two weeks ago and it has been (mostly) complete bliss since then. I've mostly been playing Super Mario World (and finally, finally managed to beat it for the first time in my life; I probably would've beat it sooner, but when we were kids most people either had a SNES or a Sega Genesis...We had a Sega Genesis so I only got to play the Super Nintendo when I was at friends' houses). Very replayable, very awesome game.

That said, some of the other games have been a little disappointing. I wish it had Super Double Dragon or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Turtles in Time. Those were awesome two-player games. My issue with a lot of the other games is that I never realized how difficult they can be...I always knew Contra III was virtually impossible, so I'll set that aside...But I seem to suck at Earthbound, Final Fantasy III, Super Mario RPG, etc...Those games are merciless, and yet I remember having friends who had those games when they came out and somehow they managed to get far in them (or beat them, for that matter)...And the Star Fox games are EXTREMELY dated...I remember when the first one came out and was kind of considered revolutionary but it definitely haven't stood the rest of time...And the sequel is just more of the same...Not a fan...The Nintendo 64 version was far superior, as one would expect, I guess...

The Legend of Zelda is fun, but I'm currently stuck...Super Metroid is fun...F-Zero is okay...Donkey Kong Country can be a blast, at times...I love playing Mario Kart with my brother, but at this point I'd rather play the Nintendo 64 version, just based on the 3D and the cool levels like Block Fort...

Was surprised that I haven't enjoyed Street Fighter II Turbo that much...Probably just jaded cause I've played so many subsequent fighting games, but I don't think this has held up that well...

All in all, I just think there were soooooo many other games that they could've included (especially two-player games), that I'm a little underwhelmed...I've read online about people modding the system, but I'm a little leery of that, considering how long it took me to find the system in the first place...I don't want to risk damaging it just trying to add some other games...

Did anyone else pick one up? What's your experience with it?

Thanks,

E
'Fraid I can't help you with this one, E. Never been a gamer. But, hopefully, someone'll come along who's into them as much as you are.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:42 am

No worries, man. Not a hardcore gamer anymore but still miss the classic systems...Although I will occasionally play FarCry and Skyrim...And occasionally some NHL with my brother...Never been into stuff like World of Warcraft or the Call of Duty series...I remember buying this big hyped game called Destiny and ended up just giving it to a buddy like a week later...
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Lukin
Ensign
Ensign
    Linux Chrome
Groups:
Canada

Postby Lukin » Wed May 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Yeah I finally found one of these in March they were super hard to find around here. I played it a few times now it collects dust my ps4 gets all my gaming time.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Video Games”