Favourite TV shows when you were six years old?

Topic author
Sesshomaru
Ensign
Ensign
    Windows 10 Chrome
Groups:
Australia

Favourite TV shows when you were six years old?

Postby Sesshomaru » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 am

My favourite TV series when I was six years old included "Play School" (Australian series that's been running about a million years), and "Brum".

What were your favourite TV series when you were six years old?
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

John McClane 38042661
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Re: Favourite TV shows when you were six years old?

Postby John McClane 38042661 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:30 am

Sesshomaru wrote:Source of the post My favourite TV series when I was six years old included "Play School" (Australian series that's been running about a million years), and "Brum".

What were your favourite TV series when you were six years old?
Welcome aboard!

To be honest, I have no idea. I can't actually remember much of anything from when I was 6. I think that's really when I only started remembering things.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm

Can't remember which ones were exactly when I was 6, but some of my favorite cartoons/shows that I religiously watched as a kid included:

The Raccoons - a Canadian CBC classic...One of the greatest TV theme songs ever...

The Flintstones and The Jetsons - These were staples and were on pretty much every morning...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I own the entire original series on DVD and still get a kick out of watching the early episodes...Very memorable...Brings back memories of all the Turtle action figures I used to have...

G.I. Joe - Another staple. Wasn't necessarily on TV in Canada (at least on the channels we got when I was a kid), but they would usually release VHS cassettes with 2 episodes on each, which we would then rent from the video store over and over again...

Transformers - Awesome. Love the original series and the cartoon movie was phenomenal. Rented that countless times...The Blu-Ray release is great...I even purchased the vinyl release of the soundtrack, and love putting that on in the background at parties...Stan Bush's "Touch" gets so many reactions from others who remember hearing that song for the first time watching the original movie...It's a pity the Michael Bay live-action movies suck so much...(you can say the same thing about the second G.I. Joe live-action movie...The first G.I. Joe live-action movie was AWESOME though...and I usually can't stand Stephen Sommers)...

DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Talespin - These were all on around the same time...Darkwing Duck was the personal favorite...I remember we used to record these when they were on TV so that we could watch them over and over again...I've since bought them all on DVD (including the DuckTales movie about the Lost Lamp, which was surprisingly good)...Surprisingly, I did not like Chip and Dale very much...

Tiny Toon Adventures - Just hilarious, with each episode usually featuring 3 different stories...Loved how they updated a bunch of the classic characters...The Summer Vacation movie was also terrific...I remember anxiously anticipating that as a kid and it didn't disappoint...It's now on DVD...

Goof Troop - Also loved A Goofy Movie...

Dennis the Menace - The Black-and-White series that played on YTV for quite a while...While nowadays it seems unusual that a kids TV channel would play a black-and-white show after school, for whatever reason they aired it and I grew quite attached...A little old-fashioned when you watch it nowadays but I still think it holds up, for the most part...

Batman - Adam West. C'mon...This would follow Dennis the Menace after school everyday, and usually the episodes would end with a cliffhanger, so you couldn't wait until the next day to figure out if Robin was going to survive...I've grown to appreciate it even more since picking it up on Blu-Ray because at least now I recognize all of the great actors/actresses that are in it, which is something you don't notice as a kid...

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Can't stand it now, but I have to admit at least for the first couple of seasons, this was must-watch television for me and my brother...I even remember the whole Green Ranger/White Ranger saga...So cheesy looking back at it from today's perspective...

COPS - Good cartoon with a cast full of unique characters with different powers/attributes...I can still remember the theme song in my head from time to time...

Police Academy Cartoon - Didn't last long but I remember watching this for a while...

Captain Power - Loved this growing up...I even had the toy jet that let you shoot the screen whenever these lights came up...If you hit the right spots, I believe the Captain Power action figure would be ejected from the jet...Very cool toy...

X-Men - Marvel's original cartoon series...Still one of the best...Very melancholic and adult for it's time...I remember being so sad when Morph died, and when I thought Beast was dead after getting electrocuted on the fence in the opening episode...This show really made Gambit seem like the coolest character in the world...And I really love how many storylines they incorporated from the comic books...

Spider-Man - Not as good as X-Men, but this was a solid cartoon growing up...Was cool that they incorporated so many other Marvel characters into the series at times (i.e. Morbius, Daredevil, Punisher, etc.)...

Batman: The Animated Series - I think everyone agrees that this is an all-time classic. A lot of these episodes would stand up to many of the Batman movies that have been released...

The Simpsons - Weren't allowed to watch this for a period of time (believe it or not, some parents felt this show was a very bad influence on children), but when I could I always did...

Home Improvement, Full House, Family Matters - Family Matters has not aged well at all. I bought the first three seasons on DVD and cannot get through more than a couple of episodes at a time. Urkel really annoys me. Full House hasn't aged particularly well, but in terms of a nostalgia trip, it's kind of decent to watch...Some of the humour still works. Home Improvement, at least for me, still holds up. I find Tim Allen and Patricia Richardson's chemistry hilarious, as well as the three kids. The first three seasons are great. The final three seasons are pretty much horrible, although they have the odd neat guest star which always livens things up...

Thanks,

E
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

skrinkle
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:

Postby skrinkle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Fresh prince!!!
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “TV”