Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Re: Oscars 2018 Live Commentary Thread

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:53 am

James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post A little disappointed The Shape of Water won. Would have preferred it to have been Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

So long as the roads are good, I intend on buying that tomorrow...Seems like the snow is slowly melting here, so I'm hopeful I get to pick that up and watch it tomorrow...
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post
James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post A little disappointed The Shape of Water won. Would have preferred it to have been Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

So long as the roads are good, I intend on buying that tomorrow...Seems like the snow is slowly melting here, so I'm hopeful I get to pick that up and watch it tomorrow...
Which?
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:06 am

James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post

Which?

Three Billboards.
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:06 am

Which?

Three Billboards.

Loved Seven Psychopaths and In Bruges, so I'm looking forward to that movie...
0 x
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:10 am

Which?

Three Billboards.

Which?

Three Billboards.

It is really good. I really wish it had won.

So which of the nominees have you seen already?
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 am

Which?

Three Billboards.

Which?

Three Billboards.

Honestly I think the only ones I've seen were Dunkirk and Get Out...I had also seen Baby Driver, but that was really only nominated for technical awards...I still want to see Darkest Hour, Lady Bird, Three Billboards, Shape of Water, maybe Call Me By Your Name...Also still need to see The Florida Project...Like I said, I prefer to watch my movies on Blu-Ray...not a fan of going to the theatre...Too many kids constantly texting...And if I'm watching the movie at home, at least I can pause and step out back for a smoke whenever I want...
0 x
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:31 am

Someone on the other forum mentioned how they also forgot to honour Powers Boothe, which sucks...He was awesome in Southern Comfort, Sudden Death, Deadwood, and Red Dawn, amongst other things...Surprised they missed him...
0 x
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 am

Which?

Three Billboards.

Which?

Three Billboards.

Honestly I think the only ones I've seen were Dunkirk and Get Out...I had also seen Baby Driver, but that was really only nominated for technical awards...I still want to see Darkest Hour, Lady Bird, Three Billboards, Shape of Water, maybe Call Me By Your Name...Also still need to see The Florida Project...Like I said, I prefer to watch my movies on Blu-Ray...not a fan of going to the theatre...Too many kids constantly texting...And if I'm watching the movie at home, at least I can pause and step out back for a smoke whenever I want...
I've seen Call Me by Your Name, Darkest Hour, Dunkirk, Get Out, Lady Bird, The Shape of Water, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Roman J. Israel, Esq., I, Tonya, The Florida Project, Mudbound, The Disaster Artist, Logan and The Big Sick. Have yet to see Phantom Thread, The Post, All the Money in the World and Molly's Game.

Someone on the other forum mentioned how they also forgot to honour Powers Boothe, which sucks...He was awesome in Southern Comfort, Sudden Death, Deadwood, and Red Dawn, amongst other things...Surprised they missed him...
You're right, that is a surprise.
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 am

It's 6am; I'm off to bed.
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 am

James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post The intro was funny, for a change. Whodathunk.

I'm doing my best. Jesus....be careful what you post...I'm trying to bring people here....
0 x
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Movies”