Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Re: Oscars 2018 Live Commentary Thread

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:40 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post Jimmy Kimmel has been pretty good...Can't say I have much of a vested interest in the awards, as I've really only seen Dunkirk and Get Out...I usually wait for movies to come out on Blu-Ray before actually watching them...I know Three Billboards came out recently but I haven't ventured to the mall to pick it up...There's definitely certain people I'd like to see pick up awards...Like it was nice seeing Sam Rockwell win, and I like the dedication he made to Philip Seymour Hoffman...I thought that was touching...

Thanks,

E
Hey, ya made it to 50 posts. Why don't ya get yourself an avatar and a signature?
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 am

And AGAIN, no surprise!
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:48 am

James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post
Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post Jimmy Kimmel has been pretty good...Can't say I have much of a vested interest in the awards, as I've really only seen Dunkirk and Get Out...I usually wait for movies to come out on Blu-Ray before actually watching them...I know Three Billboards came out recently but I haven't ventured to the mall to pick it up...There's definitely certain people I'd like to see pick up awards...Like it was nice seeing Sam Rockwell win, and I like the dedication he made to Philip Seymour Hoffman...I thought that was touching...

Thanks,

E
Hey, ya made it to 50 posts. Why don't ya get yourself an avatar and a signature?

I need to figure out how to do that...Like I mentioned on the other board, I've more or less lurked on message boards/forums for years, but barely ever posted until recently...I'm still getting the hang about how everything works...I might try and get an avatar and set up a signature later on tonight...Been meaning to get around to that...It'll tough narrowing down what image to use...And what to put in the signature...
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:49 am

James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post And AGAIN, no surprise!

Oh well, at least Mark Hamill made me chuckle with his La La Land line...
0 x
"He asks forgiveness for his hubris. He tells God that he has gained his selfhood at great cost to other people. He tells God that he loves danger now, and it thrills him much more than it frightens him."
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:51 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post

Thanks,

E

I need to figure out how to do that...Like I mentioned on the other board, I've more or less lurked on message boards/forums for years, but barely ever posted until recently...I'm still getting the hang about how everything works...I might try and get an avatar and set up a signature later on tonight...Been meaning to get around to that...It'll tough narrowing down what image to use...And what to put in the signature...
I'll look forward to seeing what ya choose.
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:56 am

Hope Baby Driver wins Best Editing...Nooooooo...it's Dunkirk....Boooooo.....
0 x
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:58 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post Hope Baby Driver wins Best Editing...Nooooooo...it's Dunkirk....Boooooo.....

I admit, Dunkirk was well-edited...But the way Edgar Wright's movie mixed the music with the footage, I thought was really intricate and deserved some recognition...
0 x
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:59 am

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post Hope Baby Driver wins Best Editing...Nooooooo...it's Dunkirk....Boooooo.....
I'm not really that concerned with the technical categories. The ones that interest me the most are Best Picture, Best Director, the acting categories and the screenplay categories.
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Goonies85
Ensign
Ensign
    Macintosh Safari
Groups:
Canada

Postby Goonies85 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:04 am

I'm not really that concerned with the technical categories. The ones that interest me the most are Best Picture, Best Director, the acting categories and the screenplay categories.

True that. It's always nice to see genre movies nominated though...And I'm not the biggest Baby Driver fan, but it was very well-made...

I know I haven't seen a lot of the nominees, but I wouldn't mind if Get Out won some of the major awards (Actor and Best Picture)...I thought it was pretty good the first time I watched it...Then I re-watched it with friends...Then I watched it again with the commentary...The movie really gets better every time you watch it, as I felt there was a lot of little things I missed upon my first viewing...Would love to see Jordan Peele give a speech...
0 x
- James Ellroy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Jean-Luc Picard
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:09 am

Aww, Gal Gadot's so sweet and adorable.

Goonies85 wrote:Source of the post

True that. It's always nice to see genre movies nominated though...And I'm not the biggest Baby Driver fan, but it was very well-made...

I know I haven't seen a lot of the nominees, but I wouldn't mind if Get Out won some of the major awards (Actor and Best Picture)...I thought it was pretty good the first time I watched it...Then I re-watched it with friends...Then I watched it again with the commentary...The movie really gets better every time you watch it, as I felt there was a lot of little things I missed upon my first viewing...Would love to see Jordan Peele give a speech...
I've seen 7 of the 9 Best Picture nominations, 4 of the 5 Best Actor nominations, 4 of the 5 Best Actress nominations, 4 of the 5 Best Supporting Actor nominations, 4 of the 5 Best Supporting Actress nominations, none of the Best Animated Feature Film nominations, 4 of the 5 Best Director nominations, none of the Best Feature Documentary nominations, none of the Best Foreign Language Film nominations, 4 of the 5 Best Adapted Screenplay nominations and ALL of the Best Original Screenplay nominations. So take my comments for what they're worth.

Not much.
0 x
ImageImageImageImage

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Movies”