James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Re: Superman’s first comic sells for over $2 million

Postby James T. Kirk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 am

If only I had an original copy lying around somewhere in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag with a cardboard backing. All I have are reprints.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Detour
    Windows 7 Firefox

Postby Detour » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:57 pm

I was following that auction and actually considered throwing in a $10K bid (knowing it wouldn't last) just so I could say I was in on the...Action.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby James T. Kirk » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Detour wrote:Source of the post I was following that auction and actually considered throwing in a $10K bid (knowing it wouldn't last) just so I could say I was in on the...Action.
Ba dum tish.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

klandersen
Ensign
Ensign
    Windows XP Chrome
Groups:
United States of America

Postby klandersen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:19 am

James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post If only I had an original copy lying around somewhere in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag with a cardboard backing. All I have are reprints.

Same here I have 3 or 4 copies of the 50th Anniversary reprint. I read through one of them, but that was so many years ago I don't know which copy it was. Back then I would usually buy two copies of some comics one to read and one to keep in near as pristine mint as possible. It is the same story for many of the comics I have. For a lot of the the one to read is not bagged and board, or at least is just bagged.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby James T. Kirk » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:14 am

klandersen wrote:Source of the post
James T. Kirk wrote:Source of the post If only I had an original copy lying around somewhere in a vacuum-sealed plastic bag with a cardboard backing. All I have are reprints.

Same here I have 3 or 4 copies of the 50th Anniversary reprint. I read through one of them, but that was so many years ago I don't know which copy it was. Back then I would usually buy two copies of some comics one to read and one to keep in near as pristine mint as possible. It is the same story for many of the comics I have. For a lot of the the one to read is not bagged and board, or at least is just bagged.
What comics are ya into? DC and/or Marvel? The independents like Dark Horse and/or Image? What characters?
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

klandersen
Ensign
Ensign
    Windows XP Chrome
Groups:
United States of America

Postby klandersen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 am

I was into Marvel and DC with only the occasional independent. I stopped "collecting" sometime mid 1990s. I might have picked up an occasion comic since then but I forget the last time or what issues. To be honest they are too expensive now and it has been a long time since I did some serious reading. About a year or so ago I read or re-read? a Zantana special issue from 1987.

I watch some of the TV shows based on comics and some of the Marvel and DC movies. As a kid I was big into Spider-Man looks like I have Amazing Spider man 107 through 343 complete, I have some earlier ones from 70something on up with some gaps. I've been thinking of trying to fill in some of the gaps from those 1960s issues under 100 that I need plus for some reason I need 101, and 103-106 with those gaps filled I'd have issues 96 to 343.

There are some titles I have where I thought I had more of a complete run than I actually do. A couple of years ago I started tracking my collection with stashmycomics.com but only got through about half of my collection. Comics are not the big priority in my life that they once were. When I was super collecting late 80s to when I stopped mid 90s I had a great index card tracking system and had a good handle on what my collection consisted of. Now most of it I have no idea. Sad thing is most of my collections from my life are like that. I used to be very organized and meticulous about my various collections. Now most are haphazard.
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

James T. Kirk
Captain
Captain
    Windows 8.1 Firefox
Groups:
Ireland

Postby James T. Kirk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:19 pm

klandersen wrote:Source of the post I was into Marvel and DC with only the occasional independent. I stopped "collecting" sometime mid 1990s. I might have picked up an occasion comic since then but I forget the last time or what issues. To be honest they are too expensive now and it has been a long time since I did some serious reading. About a year or so ago I read or re-read? a Zatanna special issue from 1987.

I watch some of the TV shows based on comics and some of the Marvel and DC movies. As a kid I was big into Spider-Man looks like I have Amazing Spider man 107 through 343 complete, I have some earlier ones from 70something on up with some gaps. I've been thinking of trying to fill in some of the gaps from those 1960s issues under 100 that I need plus for some reason I need 101, and 103-106 with those gaps filled I'd have issues 96 to 343.

There are some titles I have where I thought I had more of a complete run than I actually do. A couple of years ago I started tracking my collection with stashmycomics.com but only got through about half of my collection. Comics are not the big priority in my life that they once were. When I was super collecting late 80s to when I stopped mid 90s I had a great index card tracking system and had a good handle on what my collection consisted of. Now most of it I have no idea. Sad thing is most of my collections from my life are like that. I used to be very organized and meticulous about my various collections. Now most are haphazard.
Spider-Man's one of my favourite characters too. I've never really collected individual comics; mostly trade paperbacks, graphic novels and some omnibuses. What DC and Marvel movies and TV shows are ya into?
0 x

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “DC”